The area is 124 hectares. Reefs can be found on offshore seabed, and rocks on land can be seen stretching to the sea. In addition, as the base of the seabed is composed of ancient sedimentary rocks (mostly sandstone and shale) of Taiwan’s orogenic belt, the seabed of reefs covered in sand appear in the deep water area where has rich biology.
Restrictions for reproduction and conservation areas of aquatic animals and plants in New Taipei City
- It is forbidden to pick edible seaweed from October 1 to April 15 the next year each year.
- It is forbidden to catch Taiwanese abalones whose shells are shorter than four centimeters.
- It is forbidden to catch lobsters less than 20 centimeters long.
- It is forbidden to catch sea urchins less than 8 centimeters long excluding their spiny shells.
- It is forbidden to pick Eucheuma from September 1 to March 15 the next year every year.
- It is forbidden to catch or pick great conch shells, corals and reefs.
- It is forbidden to catch coral reef fish less than 20 centimeters long.
- It is forbidden to pick or catch edible seaweed, Eucheuma, Taiwanese abalones, lobsters, sea urchins, great conch shells, coral reef fish, corals and reefs with diving devices.
- Fishing boats with non-fishing tackle are not allowed to enter conservation areas.